Lifeware is a market leader in the development of web-based software solutions (full/SaaS) for the life insurance industry in Switzerland and in the European Union.
Being a fast growing company, Lifeware offers a unique job environment with opportunities to work on a diverse portfolio of projects, excellent personal and professional development opportunities, and interesting social benefits and bonuses for outstanding performance. We are recognized internationally by implementing innovative solutions for our clients.
Two innovation awards in our offices remind us every day to be proud of belonging to the Lifeware team.
We are looking for a
Curious Problem Solver (math&software)
who is interested in working with a heterogeneous, international and “buzzing” team, and willing to deal with challenging tasks that require a mind thinking “out of the box”.
Your work will consist in understanding demands and problems of the life insurance production ranging from mathematical problems, correction of data in the database through the implementation of new performing tools for the client. Troubleshooting, experimenting with possible solutions day by day are essential parts of our working life. You will work in close contact with actuaries in the back office operating for life insurance companies. If you find it exciting, come to join us!
The ideal candidate:
- has a university master degree, may be a PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics or Computer Sciences with programming knowledge (ideally object oriented)
- has strong mathematical skills combined with good analytical thinking
- has no or less than 1 year of working experience
- likes to solve problems
- has heard about Smalltalk, advantage if you already know it
- is fluent in German and English. Italian is an advantage.
Personal qualities and attributes:
- you like to work in a team
- you are curious, open-minded, and not afraid to try new concepts and solutions
- you are a self-starter
- you enjoy learning new things and cope with challenging tasks
Place of work: Zurich or Lugano
Important notes: candidates must have Swiss working permit or the eligibility to have it. We do not consider applications with relocation and we do not sponsor working permits.
If you meet the description above, please send your CV with a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Problem Solver” in the subject line.